MOTHER EARTH NEWS GUIDE TO ORGANIC GARDENING, 5TH EDITION
There's no time like the present to start planning and plotting your garden! With the help of the 5th edition of Mother Earth News Guide to Organic Garden you can plan for food self-sufficiency year-round. Written for both beginners and seasoned gardeners, this 100-page guide is filled with articles that will make your garden healthy and bountiful for growing vegetables, fruits and herbs.
An information-packed beginner's guide article will help you discover the joys of gardening, including everything from instructions on building the soil to a list of beginner-friendly crops to grow and harvest. Other articles cover how to make your own compost, improve your soil, build your own mini greenhouses, and keep chickens in your garden.
Read the hows and whys to creating permanent garden beds and paths, and why framed or raised beds may be optional. Discover the key factors in maintaining a weedless organic garden. Learn how to grow strawberries, peppers, potatoes and more.
More articles include:
- Make Cheap Garden Beds: Here's how - and why - to create permanent garden beds and paths, and why framed or raised beds may be optional.
- Best Tips to Start Seeds Indoors: Save money and grow superior varieties by starting your own seeds.
- Choosing a Greenhouse: Grow food for the table - and the spirit - any time of the year.
- 4 Garden Plans for Kitchen Herbs: Supplement your food garden with a patch of delightful herbs.
- Homesteader's Guide to Little Tractors: Miniature machines are available in a wide range of capability and price.
Author: MOTHER EARTH NEWS
Item Number: 7053