The sixth edition of Mother Earth News Guide to Living on Less is filled with articles on DIY projects, organic gardening, modern homesteading, livestock and more. The great thing that all of these articles have in common: saving you money!
Discover 75 inspiring ideas to enjoy life more while spending and consuming less. Learn how to build a home for only $10,000 in just 10 days. Try making your own natural laundry soap, shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste. Read how to choose the right chicken feed to help your flock become productive laying hens or tender, flavorful meat chickens. Or, follow money-saving tips and slash your family’s food costs in half – and support local farmers – by buying meat, produce and dry goods in bulk.
Other articles include:
- 65 Self-Reliance Tips That Will Save You Money: Apply a DIY approach to any facet of your life to start saving big today.
- DIY Simple Solar Heater: This low-cost plan shows you how to turn any south wall into a source of free solar heat.
- Grow $700 of Food in 100 Square Feet!: If more of us grew a little food – instead of so much grass – our savings on grocery bills would be astounding.
- Grow Free Fruit Trees: Grow your own delicious peaches, nectarines and apricots from seeds, and save money!
- Make Your Own Potting Soil: Forgo pricey store-bought products by using your own soil and compost to make potting mixes your plants will love.