MOTHER EARTH NEWS GUIDE TO GROWING YOUR OWN FOOD 5TH EDITION
Enjoy growing your own food and cutting your bills in half this year. Mother Earth News Guide to Growing Your Own Food is filled from cover to cover with the best articles on gardening, preserving, backyard chickens, beekeeping and more. With the help of this 100-page guide, you'll get the satisfaction of saving money and eating homegrown food all year long.
Read about 20 crops that will keep and how you can store them. Follow vertical gardening tips and techniques so you can grow bigger beans, tomatoes, cantaloupes and more. Not only can you eat homegrown food, but your backyard flock can, too, when you learn to grow your own all-natural poultry feed. Discover new facts about growing blueberries, potatoes, Asian greens and radishes.
Other articles include:
- Cut Your Food Bills in Half! - It's true! You can enjoy better and healthier food while spending much less to feed your family.
- Building Fertile Soil - Use cover crops, mulches and no-till permanent beds to boost soil health and your garden yields.
- Wise Watering - Conservation-based watering techniques and equipment will keep your crops healthy and yields abundant.
- Keep Bees, Naturally! - Enjoy the sweet rewards of beekeeping by learning how to harvest fresh, delicious honey from your own backyard.
- Grow Chives! - Snip fine-flavored, crispy green chives over a baked potato or salad for a colorful, tasty garnish.
- The Incredible Versatility of Eggs - Pastured, free-range eggs can star in numerous egg recipes, from simple fried eggs and bacon to an elegant soufflé.
Author: Mother Earth News
Item Number: 6679