There is nothing better in the winter than cooking a homemade soup or stew with vegetables you grew and preserved from your own garden. Having access to delicious, homegrown food all year around not only helps keep you happy and healthy, it also saves you some money.
This 100-page guide is filled with articles with instructions for preserving food, whether it's canning, freezing or dehydrating. Plus, you can read about backyard chickens, the best ways to store fresh vegetables, how to make cheap garden beds and so much more.
Read about how composting will help you turn food and yard waste into garden gold. Discover what you can do in your winter garden and six top crops for winter harvest. Learn how to raise backyard chickens so you can fresh eggs each morning. Follow step-by-step instructions for making your own perfect pie crust. Enjoy fall's sweetest harvest by making and trying homemade apple cider.
More articles include:
- Easy Ways to Preserve Fresh Food: Your guide to canning, freezing, dehydrating and other simple, seasonal storage methods.
- Expert Advice for Greenhouse Growing: Build a greenhouse in your backyard and you'll be amazed at its many uses.
- Save Money on Groceries: Buying in bulk and freezing or canning fruits and veggies are great ways to enjoy better food and cut your costs by up to 85 percent.
- Homemade Butter: Whether you want it creamy or cultured, learn the secrets of fresh, sweet, homemade butter.
- 6 Easy Ways to Use Peanuts: Peanuts are rich, healthful and versatile. Discover several classic ways to prepare them, and find inspiration for new nutty creations.