Mother Earth News has put together a beautiful guide to help you boost your health with hundreds of tips for growing and harvesting herbs and spices and then cooking with those homegrown herbs and spices. There are more than 99 tips for culinary greatness inside this 100-page guide that features articles and recipes such as Chocolate Dessert Ravioli, herbal sodas, Botanical Breads, and much more.
Discover how simple and inexpensive it is to dry herbs and spices. Learn which herbs are missing from your kitchen and add new recipes to your cooking routine with these oft-neglected culinary treasures. Learn how to make herbal oils and butters that make great – and inexpensive – gifts. Explore herbs from around the world and learn how they play a crucial role in traditional cuisine all across the globe. Read all the uses for mint and no longer take this classic herb for granted.
More articles include:
- A Simple Kitchen Herb Garden – A small garden filled with herbs is one of the simplest gardens you can grow. Grow these 10 herbs for a garden bursting with flavor.
- Good Vibrations with Herbal Libations – Relax with a cool, refreshing beverage infused with flavorful herbs.
- Frozen Flavor – Whether or not you call them sorbets, sherbets, granitas, or ices, nothing could be simpler to make than these frozen herbal desserts.
- Getting to Know Horseradish – From fiery to fabulous, this spicy root is a flavor-lover’s dream.
- World’s Healthiest Culinary Herbs and Spices – These five flavorful ingredients are standouts not just for taste, but for their many well-documented health benefits.