With this comfort foods collection, learn the best tips and recipes for living wiser, slow cooking, or cooking from scratch!
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Winter Comfort Food Wiser Living Series
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Winter Comfort Foods is packed full of comfort food recipes that are wholesome and hearty. Sharing a meal with loved ones is not only a simple pleasure, but also one of the most meaningful. This issue will definitely bring the family closer together.
In addition to warm and hearty meals to beat the cold, with this book you can make seasonal soups and stews, bake the best homemade pies, and much more!
Capper’s Farmer Guide to Cooking from Scratch
Homemade meals are making a comeback, and you can start with the basics with Capper’s Farmer Guide to Cooking from Scratch. Full of 95 recipes and tips, this guide will give you many ideas for homemade food, such as making your own butter and bread, freezing your own fruits and vegetables from your garden, and preparing delicious and simple one-pot meals. Learn all about cooking from scratch with articles teaching you how to:
• Churn Homemade Butter for the Best Flavor
• Make Pickles, Sauerkraut, Cheeses, or Candies
• Bake Bread, Preserve Jams, Freeze Garden Produce
• Bake Sweet or Savory Pies for Every Occasion
• Create a Treasured Heirloom Cookbook
• And more!
No matter your experience with homemade cooking or baking, ditch the processed, store-bought treats or meals and learn how to whip up the tastiest, healthiest, and freshest recipes with Capper’s Farmer Guide to Cooking from Scratch!
Capper’s Farmer Guide to Slow Cooking
There is no better time of year to start using your slow cooker or pressure cooker than fall and winter! Having your home fill with the aroma of soups, stews, roasts, or vegetables that have been cooking slowly for hours is a thing of comfort, especially when the weather outside is not so warm and comforting. Capper’s Farmer put together a special guide dedicated to cooking with your slow cooker or pressure cooker. There are 79 delicious recipes to try in this 100-page guide, plus you can learn more about your pressure cooker, read how to try new and exciting recipes, and much more.
Learn how to save money on meat while still providing great meals for your family. Discover three super-easy slow cooker soup recipes, so dinner awaits you when you walk in the door. Read how to make jams, preserves, and butters in your slow cooker. Cookbook author Sarah Olson provides a few dos and don’ts when it comes to utilizing your slow cooker. Understand how solar cookers offer slow cooker convenience and an alternative to preparing food with fossil fuels.
More articles include:
• A Taste of Comfort – Cook up these three hearty soups and stews for winter warmth. Vegetarian and gluten-free, these flavorful soups suit nearly any diet.
• How to Use a Pressure Cooker – The appliance may seem intimidating, but in fact, by reducing the cooking times for whole foods, the slow cooker can be almost as convenient for a busy lifestyle as a microwave oven.
• Savory Dinners Simple to Make – Use your slow cooker to create delicious meals easily, with the nifty bonus of tasty leftovers.
• Slow Cooker, Great Sweets – Add desserts to the long list of recipes that utilize your slow cooker.
• Adapting Gluten-Free Favorites to the Slow Cooker – Kimberly Mayone and Kitty Broihier provide tips for converting and modifying recipes for the slow cooker.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Cooking with Garlic
Garlic not only adds intensity and richness to food, it also has healing and preventative qualities. With part of the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Herb Companion Series, learn about everything garlic with the Guide to Cooking with Garlic and Other Tasty Herbs. Learn the health benefits of garlic, including preventing and treating different types of cancer, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, liver damage, and more. Get the tastiest and most classic garlic recipes, such as Garlic Aioli and Garlic and Olive Tapenade. Garlic is not all you get with this guide, though. Find recipes starring some of the tastiest and most flavorful herbs, such as Herb Butter and Herb Salt, Basil-Lime Sorbet, Rosemary & Sage Pickles, and recipes for the heartiest soups and freshest breads. Fall in love with cooking with the tastiest herbs with this guide!
Item Number: TST2323