Homemade Sausage is an extremely accessible guide for making sausage right in your own kitchen. James Peisker and Chris Carter of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, Tennessee, guide you through all the necessary steps to create the very best sausage … just like they do.
Learn important information on sourcing your meat from local farms for the highest quality and top flavor. From there, discover techniques and trade secrets for grinding. You'll even find a list of the best tools for the job and how to use them successfully.
Then comes the fun part: Seasoning your sausage to create deep flavor profiles is one of the greatest benefits of making sausage at home. You control the spices, sodium, and more!
Stuff and smoke your sausage (or don't) and create classic links, patties, brats, kielbasas, chorizos, andouilles, and more! Finally, enjoy your locally sourced, perfectly flavored sausage in mouth-watering recipes like:
- Tomato Meat Sauce with Italian Sausage
- Breakfast Pinwheels
- Bangers and Mash
- Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Mustard
- Jambalaya with Andouille
- Hot Chicken Sausage Sandwich
- Chorizo Torta
- Merguez with Couscous
- Boudin Balls
- Cotechino and Lentils ( Italian New Year’s Dish)
- Beer-Braised Bratwurst with whole-grain mustard and sauerkraut
- Roasted Currywurst with spatzle and braised cabbage
- Grilled Kielbasa with Roasted Potatoes and Chimichurri Sauce