In the past decade, home coffee roasting has gone from a small but growing trend to an increasingly mainstream activity. Still, for many in the current generation of coffee lovers, roasting remains a mysterious process. In this completely revised, expanded edition of his classic Home Coffee Roasting, James Beard Award-nominated Kenneth Davids reveals the secrets to simple, quality home roasting.
Home Coffee Roasting provides insightful, easy-to-follow guidelines for every step in the process:
- The new home roasters: how to evaluate and use them
- A resource guide for green beans and home-roasting equipment
- Best techniques for storing green beans
- Tips on perfecting a roast
- How to create your own blend
With Davids' charming blend of commentary on coffee, the history of roasting and connoisseurship, how-to instructions, copious illustrations, and an invaluable resource guide, this revised, expanded edition of Home Coffee Roasting is the one necessary book for every true coffee lover.