Profit from your homestead with this brand-new premium issue of Grit! With Farmers Markets, learn how to: create a home-based business; break into your local farmers market; create a DIY personalized farm stand sign; become a beekeeper and grow lavender to make a profit; can jams and jellies for display at fairs; sell bread, soap, and birdhouses; and more! Do what you love to do every day, but create a business out of it. This 113-page issue contains 28 popular and relevant articles from Grit’s archives.
Other articles include:
- 12 Ways to Sell Your Products – Discover a variety of methods of marketing and selling produce and other items created on your farm.
- Earning on an Acre – Intensive square-foot gardening makes it possible to make more than $43,000 per acre in produce.
- Creating a Food Business on the Homestead – Take your kitchen skills, add a great recipe and fresh ingredients, and combine for a great way to make yourself an income opportunity.
- Here’s Your Sign – Highlight your farm-raised produce and the personality of your homestead with a homemade sign for the farmers market or farm stand.
- Farm Your Niche – Small operations thrive on specialty markets.
- Market Farming in the Suburbs – Limited acreage can still provide opportunities for earning significant income.
- Grow a Gourd, Build a Birdhouse – A fulfilling project for gardeners who might want to use a piece of their bounty to attract some feathered, crooning critters.
- Yarn Farming – Wool from secondhand sheep, alpacas, and llamas can bring a tidy sum to the small farm, without the fuss of breeding.
Full of expert advice and beautiful, detailed photographs, this premium issue of GRIT will have you getting a foot in your local farmers market in no time.