The third edition of the Grit Guide to Homestead DIY Projects includes more than 33 easy do-it-yourself projects. Inside, you’ll find schemes for a chicken feeder, two greenhouses for your backyard, wood pallets, racks for potted plants, and more. This 100-page publication is organized by project size: small (DIY mason bee house), medium (porch swing), and large (backyard DIY smokehouse). Each article includes helpful advice on each undertaking, either with great step-by-step instructions, illustrations, photographs, or parts lists. These articles are sure to help you successfully complete each project!
Some of the ideas include:
- Pallet Wood to Pot Rack (Small Project) – Keep your planted, grafted fruit trees upright, for next to nothing.
- Seed Starting: 12 Easy Setups for Home Gardeners (Small Project) – Glean creative ideas from these real-world methods, and give your seedlings a healthy start to home this coming spring.
- DIY Greenhouse for Winter Growing (Medium Project) – Growing food in this solar-heated structure will be far more productive than doing so with electric lights indoors. Plus, you can build it with low-cost material.
- The Ultimate DIY Backyard Chicken Tractor (Medium Project) – Let your chickens forage on fresh ground every day.
- A Cedar Log Bed Fit for a King (Large Project) – You don’t need to be an expert woodworker to fashion yourself a homemade bed frame out of the timber on your acres.
- Build a Root Cellar (Large Project) – These unique plans show you how to build a root cellar for food storage by adapting a new concrete septic tank.