One of the most comforting sensations is walking into your home and smelling the delicious aroma of homemade bread in the oven. Whether it's being made on a cold winter day to dunk in your soup, or during the summer for those refreshing sandwiches at lunchtime, homemade breads of all types and varieties offer something everyone should enjoy. Grit Guide to Homemade Bread, 7th Edition provides more than 107 keys to successfully making bread, from sourdough bread to gluten-fee, from bagels to tortillas and more. With 76 recipes inside this 100-page guide, you and your whole family can enjoy the benefits of homemade bread.
Discover five reasons why your bread dough doesn’t rise and how to avoid this frustrating obstacle to baking great bread. Read the guide to whole-grain baking and use 10 baking techniques without fear of ruining your favorite recipes. Try giving your dry, brittle bread new life with some fresh new recipes. Learn how to use an earth oven; once you’ve tasted bread baked in the old-world structure, you’ll never go back to baking in the kitchen oven.
More articles include:
- How to Make Homemade Flour – Fresh, homemade flour is less expensive, more nutritious, and more flavorful than store-bought flour.
- Salute to Sourdough – Cook up some hearty and delicious pioneer fare in your kitchen.
- Creating a Food Business on the Homestead – Take your kitchen skills, add a great recipe and fresh ingredients, and combine for a great way to make yourself an income opportunity.
- Cornmeal to Cornbread – A chunk of this savory yet sweet concoction makes for a meal all by itself.
- Flatbread Fiesta! – Whether you call it tortilla, naan, matzo, or cracker, there’s a version in every culture.