Bread. It’s everywhere. It can take up almost an entire aisle in the grocery store. It’s used as a delicious appetizer at some restaurants with butter and oil. It’s a staple at almost every family gathering, from holidays to Sunday dinners. Bread. It’s eaten all over the world. The 2014 Grit Guide to Homemade Bread features some of the best recipes for homemade bread; from sourdough to gluten-free, from flatbreads to pizza dough, this 100-page guide has them all.
More than 20 of the best homemade bread articles from Grit make up this colorful, glossy-paged guide. There are 118 delicious recipes inside, with more than 57 keys to successful bread making; this guide will help the most inexperienced cook make a perfect, golden-brown loaf of bread right in her very own kitchen.
- Choosing a Grain Mill: Go completely homemade by grinding your own flours.
- Gluten-Free Bread Baking 101: Discover the importance of gluten in traditional bread baking and how to replace it in these delicious gluten-free bread recipes.
- Trying Sourdough: A variety of recipes – from our bloggers – helps you find ways to use that sourdough starter brewing on the kitchen counter.
- Pizza Perfection: Forget takeout and turn your kitchen into a pizzeria.
- Biscuits and More: Treat your taste buds to culinary delights with homemade biscuits, tortillas, dumplings and noodles.
- Backyard Bread Oven: Build this easy adobe cooker in one weekend.