- HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
At 100 full-color pages, this one-of-a-kind reference book is designed to arm you with all the information needed to enjoy the simple country pleasures of farm-fresh eggs and poultry, straight from your own backyard.
GRIT's Guide to Backyard Chickens includes an extensive collection of relevant articles, including:
• Keep Chickens Comfortable in All Temperatures
• Best Chicken Breeds
• Egg and Chicken Recipe
• Free-Range Flocks
• DIY Coops
• Explore the Entertaining Behavior of Your Flock
• Learn More from the Experts Who Blog for GRIT
• Taking Precautions – Recent outbreaks of salmonella highlight the need to care when tending a backyard flock
• Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs! Once your flock has started laying eggs, what do you do with all the extras?
• Fermentations for the Flock – Improve your poultry’s health while saving money at the feed store
Item Number: 8710