With all the uncertainty in the world today, there is peace in preparing. In an emergency, you don't want to depend on a grocery store or government agency to feed your family. Storing food assures your family's self-sufficiency year-round and benefits your budget when you plan correctly.
Food Storage for Self-Sufficiency and Survival is an in-depth, nuts-and-bolts guide to storing food that teaches you a variety of food storage methods you can customize to meet your family's unique circumstances, including family size, tastes, ages, health concerns, income and living conditions. This is not a generic manual on stocking dehydrated meals that have 10-year shelf lives. It's the guide to storing foods your family loves so you can eat well no matter what challenges life throws at you.
Inside you'll find:
- Food storage options for 72-hour emergency kits, short-term emergencies and long-term survival
- Food storage planning methods that incorporate the foods and meals your family loves
- Tips for how to maintain balance and variety in your food storage
- Budget-friendly ways to purchase food for storage
- Easy and practical ideas for cooking with food in storage so nothing expires or goes to waste
- Organizational and storage methods for easy food store maintenance.
- Water storage and purification methods
- Canning, freezing and dehydrating methods to preserve food you produce at home
Storing food gives you the freedom to stretch your income in tight-budget months, pack quick meals for short-notice trips, and create healthy meals without constantly going to the grocery store. Plus your stored food is available if you do experience an emergency power outage, natural disaster, long-term illness or job loss. Let this guide help you start building your self-sufficiency and food storage today.