This absolute beginner's guide for first-time beekeepers will teach you how to set up and care for your first colonies, from choosing a location for your new bee colonies through natural bee care and harvesting beehive products.
This handbook features expert beginner advice for:
• Setting up and caring for your own colonies
• Selecting the best location to place your new bee colonies for their safety and yours
• The most practical and nontoxic ways to care for your bees
• Harvesting the products of a beehive and collecting and using honey
• Bee problems and treatments
With this complete resource and the sage advice of Bee Culture editor emeritus and best-selling author of The Backyard Beekeeper Kim Flottum, your hives will be healthy, happy, and productive.
Item Number: 10877