- HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Roll up your sleeves and build a better farm!
Loaded with complete plans and easy-to-follow construction tips, this book offers a creative mix of both practical and decorative projects for working and hobby farms. Veteran family farmers and 4-H alumni Samantha and Daniel Johnson present 20 essential projects for aspiring homesteaders. From log jacks, rabbit hutches, and milking stands to a weather vane and a barn quilt, each hands-on project includes clear step-by-step color photographs to guide the reader.
An introduction to the DIY mindset, the book explains the positive benefits and satisfaction of building things yourself (and it provides an overview of the basic tools and skills needed to complete each task). Farm DIY also includes a background discussion of farming today, as well as instructions for building an effective farmer’s market display stand for selling your products.
Inside Farm DIY:
• 20 step-by-step, do-it-yourself projects for creating the farm of your dreams
• Build practical items like fences, gates, bee houses, log jacks, rabbit hutches and milking stools
• Make fun items like a weather vane, barn quilt, and goat seesaw
• Create an attractive display stand for selling your products at farmers markets
• Easy-to-complete projects that all feature inexpensive materials and basic techniques
Item Number: 9861