Directions for creating nontoxic cleaning products, advice for raising baby animals, delicious recipes, gardening guidance, recycling ideas for farm fixtures, flower-growing techniques, summer holiday memories and more are included in the Capper's Farmer Summer 2013.
Enjoy amusing, helpful and knowledgeable articles by experts Oscar H. Will III, Barbara Pleasant, Susan Belsinger and others, all of whom offer practical advice for the homemade life.
Prepare for the birth of your livestock and know what to expect and what to do. Learn the secrets of buttermilk baking and turn ordinary baked goods into spectacular biscuits, pancakes and more. Discover ways of getting rid of those itchy summer burns and ouches with herbal remedies. Follow seven easy tips for growing anything in containers.
Other articles include:
- Incubate Your Own Chicken Eggs - Gather your hens' fertile eggs and start replacing those old layers.
- Memories Bloom on Memorial Day - Remember passed-on love ones with these flowers.
- Easy & Useful Flowers - These special plants provide beauty, fragrance, food, medicine and more.
- Life's a Bowl of Berries - Whether you harvest them from your own backyard or buy them at your local farmers' market, berries in season are a sublime treat.
- Try This: Make Pillow Covers From Fabric Swatches - Turn designer fabric into beautiful pillow covers with this easy home-decorating project.