A broadfork, also known as a grelinette, is an essential tool for small-scale farming and gardening using a no-till approach to soil preparation. The broadfork lifts and aerates soil without shredding it as a motorized tiller does. Broadforks are also excellent for heavy duty weeding, and they can be an assist for harvesting root crops.
The fork uses a traditional European broadfork design but with a unique tine mounting system where the tines are mounted through the cross bar instead of being welded to the outside of the crossbar. The 5/8" (15.9mm) tines are made of 1045 carbon steel, a strong steel with excellent resistance to bending.
• Light Weight - 14 lbs. - 6.4kg
• Strength - through the crossbar tine mounting – 1045 tine steel
• Round tines – lift soil unlike flat blade tines
• Easier cleanup than outside mounted or flat tines
• Optimally curved tines – penetrate tough soils
• Ash Handles - great to work with
• Traditional U-design - highly ergonomic
• Overall Height - 57"
• Handle Length - 48"
• Width at widest point - 21"
• Width (outside tine to tine) - 17 1/2"
• Tine Length - 9 1/4"
• Tine Diameter - 5/8"
• Weight - 14 lbs
Please allow two weeks for delivery. Only available for shipment to continental United States addresses. This item ships in multiple packages.
Item Number: 10596