If you’ve ever looked at the weed-filled expanse that passes for your backyard and wondered why your family never uses it, this book is for you. Sara Bendrick addresses the most common homeowner requests for affordable ways to bring privacy, shade, dining areas, fire features, and manageable plantings into their yards to increase their enjoyment of outdoor spaces and increase the value of their home.
With 28 unique projects featuring step-by-step instructions and photos, Bendrick shows you how to:
- Build an outdoor kitchen area for a grill or pizza oven
- Assemble a fireplace out of prefab concrete modules
- Install a stone patio with a pebble mosaic focal point
- Build an overhead structure to provide shade and the feeling of an outdoor room
- Make a privacy screening wall that lets in light and provides a beautiful backdrop
- Create a maintenance-free dry creek bed with a footbridge that will wow your neighbors
- Construct a retaining wall from practically free recycled materials
- Add a bocce court that will return fun and games to your backyard
Get the most out of your property and expand your living space while enjoying more time outdoors. With Big Impact Landscaping as your guide, your backyard will go from a forlorn, forgotten wasteland to the go-to gathering place your family and guests will never want to leave.