THE BEST OF MOTHER EARTH NEWS WINTER 2017
The Winter 2017 edition of The Best of Mother Earth News Collector Series is a double issue, and includes more than 45 articles that cover a range of topics from DIY & building projects to food and cooking, from organic gardening to homesteading & livestock. With 160 pages, this is the ultimate self-sufficient guide for any modern homesteader.
Discover how to make a solar still. Find out how to make homemade cream cheese and sour cream. Read expert tips on the best tomatoes where you live. Learn how to make your own homemade soap. Discover how to build a solar still. Learn how to make delicious bread in about five minutes a day.
More articles include:
• 12 Strategies to Strengthen Your Immune System
• Make Your Own Potting Soil
• Build a Solar Food Dehydrator
• Start a Quick and Easy Food Garden
• Build Your Own Wood-Fired Earth Oven
THE BEST OF MOTHER EARTH NEWS WINTER 2015
The Winter 2015 edition of The Best of Mother Earth News includes more than 25 articles that cover a range of topics from food and cooking to organic gardening, from beekeeping to renewable energy. With more than 100 pages, this is the ultimate self-sufficient guide for any modern homesteader.
Discover how to make 5-minute homemade mayonnaise. Find out which chicken breed is best for your backyard flock. Read expert tips on growing tomatoes an entire month early. Follow simple building instructions for a classic one-room cabin for just about $6,000.
More articles include:
• Cob Construction: Build with Earth and Straw – Hand-sculpt your custom, mortgage-free home from local, dirt-cheap materials.
• Grow More Food in a Movable Greenhouse – Boost productivity in spring, summer, fall, and winter with a do-it-yourself mobile greenhouse you can transport around your plot.
• Make Your Own Fresh Sausage – Mix and form homemade sausage, which you can cook as patties or stuff in casings, and then eat right away or freeze for later.
• Homemade Herbal Medicines – These powerhouse plant remedies can help you heal on a shoestring.
• Build a Simple Solar Heater – This low-cost plan will show you how to turn a south wall into a source of free solar heat.
THE BEST OF MOTHER EARTH NEWS WINTER 2014
This first Best of Mother Earth News edition covers a wide range of topics, including the best articles on organic gardening, renewable energy, self-reliance, do-it-yourself projects, delicious recipes, raising livestock and so much more.
The more than 100 pages of articles capture exactly what MOTHER EARTH NEWS stands for. Whether you are a new reader to the magazine or a loyal subscriber, you will find helpful, interesting and intriguing articles in this premium edition. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to save money on groceries by growing a bountiful garden and raising livestock, or for those who have chosen to live completely off the grid.
• Chickens in the Garden – You can “recoop” much of the expense of raising chickens by putting their manure to work in your garden, and by enlisting your birds for organic pest control.
• Rainwater Harvesting: A Better System – Think beyond the rain barrel: This simpler, cheaper approach will help you harvest much more free water for your garden!
• Craft These Fresh, Easy Cheeses – Learn how to make fresh cheese, and get easy recipes for paneer, mascarpone, chèvre, and fromage blanc.
• 65 Self-Reliance Tips That Will Save You Money – Apply a DIY approach to any facet of your life, and you can start saving big today.
• Organic Pest Control: What Works, What Doesn’t – Our nationwide reader survey reveals the best methods for managing common garden pests.
• Build an All-in-One Outdoor Oven, Stove, Grill, and Smoker – For about $350, you can build MOTHER’s versatile and durable cooking unit.
Item Number: 8792