This title is available for pre-order and will ship in August 2021.
Opening your barn doors to the people is much more than sharing holiday hayrides, farm tours, and bottle-feeding lambs with friends. It is also a means of reconnecting people with their food and diversifying your farm income.
Packed with decades of sustainable tourism experiences, Agritourism: A Manual for Diversifying Your Farm Income is an experience-based guide to connecting with the public and developing multiple, sustainable income streams on your farm. Chock-full of case studies, Q&A's, pros and cons, solutions, priorities, and actionable items from agritourism farms that succeeded and failed.
If you dream of opening your farm to the public, engaging with people, and developing a diversified, sustainable income, then this A-to-Z tool kit for sustainable tourism is for you.
• Determining whether agritourism is right for you and your farm
• Types of agritourism operations, including off-farm and on-farm experiences
• Ideas for product and experience scenarios, including one-time, seasonal, and holiday events
• Making money, including how and what to charge, value-added products and services, and farm accommodation
• Business basics, including name, accounts, legalities, taxes, and more!
Item Number: 10566