Invaluable around the house, Mockingbird Meadows’ Universal Balm provides relief for small cuts, scrapes, bumps, bruises, and bites. + Unlike commercial preparations, this Universal Balm is safe for young children and animals because it’s even safe to ingest.
How It’s Made:
The owners of Mockingbird Meadows slowly infuse high-quality olive oil with organic hops and chamomile combined with their own farm-grown rose petals. Next, they add chemical-free beeswax to the infused oil, and finally they top off the concoction with a few drops of high-quality lavender, bergamot, and chamomile essential oils.
This vacuum sealer is perfect for gardeners and home harvesters. With a roll cutter and built-in storage for the vacuum sealer bags, storing your meats and produce is easier than ever. Simply cut the bag to the size you need to fit your produce or meat and seal it! This vacuum sealer features a 110-watt motor, 22-inch HG vacuum strength, a port for vacuum canisters, and easy-to-use controls for pressure duration. Plus, it includes 6 1-quart bags, 4 1-gallon bags, and one 11’’ x 20 ft. roll for making custom sizes.
You can make real dairy-free yogurt at home! Use this culture with soy milk, coconut milk, and more to make a smooth, mild yogurt that's miles better than store-bought.
To help you create this unique design to compliment your backyard, this Victorian birdhouse e-plan includes a complete list of materials and step-by-step instructions. Finished product size: 13.5-by-11.4-by-17.4 inches.
Got weeds? Let your drill do the work.
Weed Spinner is an innovative drill-driven weed removal tool that spins out weeds at the root.
It's fast and fun to use. There's no kneeling, bending, or getting your hands dirty!
What is it, exactly?
• Use Weed Spinner with your cordless electric drill (drill not included)
• 33-inch-long forged steel shaft
• The end that goes into your drill features three flat surfaces to stay firmly in the drill's chuck
• Innovative design features a forged pointed tip to pierce sod, hardscape, and clay soils
• Works on most any surface where weeds grow (lawns, gardens, sod, hardscape, loose rock, and more)
• Easy on your back and knees
• Eco-friendly and chemical-free
• Aerates and tills
• Invented and patented by Vern Ader, a retired teacher and gardener
How does it work?
• Insert the Weed Spinner shaft into the chuck of your drill.
• Point the tip into the ground next to the weed's main center stalk, then pull the drill's trigger for a few seconds and push down slightly. A slight angle works best.
• For safety and a better result, don’t start the drill until the Weed Spinner is properly placed.
• Your Weed Spinner will usually pull the roots out along with the weed.
• If your Weed Spinner hits a large rock or large root, it’s possible for the drill to jerk suddenly. If this is a concern, use a drill that has a second side handle for stability.
• Weeds may become wrapped around the Weed Spinner. If they don't fall off on their own when the drill is raised up, put the drill in reverse and spin for a few seconds to unwind the weeds. With the drill off, they can be removed by hand.
• The Weed Spinner isn’t recommended for caliche, calcrete, hardpan, or duricrust sedimentary soils. Heavy clay soils may bog the drill.
Promising a sweet way to feel better fast, this specially formulated product can be added to your local honey to boost your immune system before you get on that next airplane (or when everyone in the office is falling sick). + It features immune-boosting herbs, including elderberries, shiitake mushrooms, astragalus, and Echinacea.
Well Fast Honey Booster with triphala is a nod to the centuries of tradition found in Eastern medicine. On its own, triphala can be bitter and hard to swallow, which is why it’s designed to be stirred into honey. Combining the appropriate powdered herbs with honey, which is antimicrobial, creates a healing and delicious treat that makes medicinal herbs more palatable for picky eaters and children. Herb-infused honey can then be drizzled on pancakes or ice cream, stirred into hot tea, or mixed into smoothies.
Carbohydrates - for the lawn? Yes, your lawn needs energy to survive the winter months. Grass plants need food reserves during the winter. • Feeds the roots throughout harsh winter months • "Kick starts" the lawn when spring temperatures arrive • Phosphorus-free to promote clean rivers, lakes, bays and wetlands • Fortified with Protilizer® beneficial soil microbes for revitalized soil • Covers 6,000 square feet
This Wooden Corn Cutter and Creamer is a simple yet efficient tool to remove corn from the cob in just a few swipes. The stainless steel blade yields perfect whole kernels when the shredder is removed and scraper is lowered. With shredder in place, it's great for making cream style corn.
Assemble this wood-gas generator from recycled water heaters. Convert an internal combustion engine (100-cubic-inch or greater displacement) into your own home energy system or use the generator to run a truck. This blueprint includes materials list, step-by-step instructions and black-and-white photos. Advanced mechanical and metalworking skills recommended.
It is your responsibility to make sure that any project you undertake is safe, effective and legal for your situation. All Ogden Publications blueprints are offered AS IS for information and entertainment purposes only. No warranties are expressed or implied. By using this information or this blueprint you agree to hold Ogden Publications harmless from any damages or injuries of any kind that might result from errors, omissions or other causes.
The ultimate firewood carrier!
Make the daily chore of bringing firewood indoors to your stove a lot faster, safer, and easier! The WoodOX Sling’s ergonomic design positions firewood securely under the user’s arm on either side, instead of dangling by their knees. This unique design evenly distributes the weight of the firewood across the upper body like a messenger bag, rather than carrying all of the weight off balance with one arm, like a typical firewood carrier bag.
The WoodOX Sling makes it much easier to load and unload firewood while standing upright instead of bending over. This upward shift in the carrier's center of gravity causes far less strain on your body and poses less of a tripping hazard while you move than a "shopping bag" style regular firewood carrier.
• Heavy duty, forest green cotton canvas, with a genuine leather shoulder pad.
• Large load carrying capacity, easily fits various length logs while keeping loose debris off your arms and floor.
• Replaceable LED flashlight to safely illuminate your path to and from the woodpile.
• Proudly manufactured in the USA by a veteran owned small business.
• Fits well on standard sized log racks and folds up easily to store and transport.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery to continental US addresses. International shipping available. Contact us for international shipping rates.
Want to make yogurt at home? We’ve put together this kit for you.
This kit includes a yogurt maker and expert advice from Gianaclis Caldwell’s Homemade Yogurt & Kefir
YOGURT MAKER WITH 10 4 OZ. JARS
Prepare fresh, all-natural yogurt with this easy-to-use electric yogurt maker. Makes 10 4-ounce servings in 6 to 10 hours.
Easy to Use: Simply pour a mixture of heated milk and yogurt starter mix* into the glass jars and set the timer. Yogurt maker shuts off automatically when the cycle is complete.
Equipped with 10 4-Ounce Glass Jars: Experimenting is easy with the 10 perfectly proportioned 4-ounce glass jars. Savory or sweet, make all of your family's favorites all at once.
Digital Timer and Temperature Controls: Press and hold the on/off button to set time, from 1 to 48 hours (add by one hour at a time). Includes temperature presets.
Stylish and Compact: Easily fits on your countertop and complements other stainless steel appliances.
HOMEMADE YOGURT & KEFIR
With probiotic-rich foods increasingly recognized as essential to gut health, yogurt and kefir are gaining popularity as a source of protein and beneficial bacteria. In Homemade Yogurt & Kefir, cheesemaker and small-scale dairy producer Gianaclis Caldwell opens the door for fermentation enthusiasts and dairy devotees to make and use yogurt and kefir in the home kitchen. She explores the many culture choices and techniques for working with cow, goat, sheep, water buffalo, and even some plant milks. Step-by-step instructions cover the basics of making dairy ferments, from necessary equipment to the myriad options for thickening, sweetening, and flavoring.