Many gardeners fashion cold frames from whatever materials they can find. Others rely on old standby covers, such as hot caps. Regardless of the type, row covers help protect plants from frost, wind, pests, rain and snow.
This e-handbook advises you on the different types of row covers, how to make them and how to use them. Chapters include:
- Extending Your Garden Season
- The Ins and Outs of Floating Row Covers
- Plastic Tunnels and Mulches
- Planning Your Garden Protection
- Installing Mulches, Tunnels and Row Covers
- Timing, Pollination and Optimum Temperatures
- Storing Protective Covers
- Frost Dates
Proper protection will result in hardy, healthy plants. 36 pages.
Note: This is an e-book. Retrieving the e-book requires you to have an account. When checking out in the shopping cart please log in or register. Do not check out as a guest. Once you have placed your order click on “My Account” in the top right of the page, then click on “Downloads”. You should see your e-book on the following screen. Click to open it and save to your computer. If you need further assistance please contact customer service or call 1-800-234-3368.