Kaitlin Jones, president of Living Whole Foods and mom of three young kids, sent me this recipe the other day and I had to share it! Vegan and chock-full of vitamins, this tasty meal is perfect for a weeknight family dinner. Try it and let us know what you think!
1 cup raw dry cashews
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoons onion, divided
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
4 cloves minced garlic, divided
1 tablespoon miso
5 mushrooms, sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Your favorite noodles
1. In a blender or food processor, blend cashews until they are finely ground.
2. To the cashews in the blender, add water, 1 tablespoon onion, bell pepper, nutritional yeast and 3 cloves of garlic and blend until smooth, creating the sauce.
3. Pour cashew sauce into a sauté pan over medium heat.
4. In a separate pan, sauté the remaining 1/2 tablespoon onion, 1 minced clove of garlic, miso and sliced mushrooms in coconut oil for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix sauté into sauce, season with salt and pepper, and serve over your favorite noodles! Serves five.
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE