Peaches in season. There is just simply nothing better. A ripe, juicy peach is perfection in the heat of summer and the ultimate addition to a recent simple salad I crafted. Check out this delicious seasonal recipe:
- 2-3 cups fresh greens (I used a blend of organic romaine and a purple blend I grow in my garden)
- 1 sliced peach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp diced green onion
- 2-3 crushed pita chips (homemade or a natural brand)
- olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Combine the greens, peach slices, onion, and feta cheese in a serving bowl.
- Take and crush two or three pita chips (homemade or a natural brand). This adds a delightful crunch to the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil plus salt and pepper to taste.
This salad is excellent for lunch or as a companion to a nice grilled fish at dinnertime. One nice thing about it is that it is extremely versatile. The peaches can easily be swapped out for strawberries or blackberries. Even crisp watermelon or blueberries would divine. So stop by your local farmers market or roadside stand to pick up some delicious seasonal fruit for this salad. And if you're truly fortunate, step outside to pick a couple peaches from your tree. Enjoy, friends.