Clean Cocktails (The Countryman Press) is the solution to watching your weight while staying off the wagon. Beth and Tara have cracked the code to having it all: fitness and fun. Replacing refined sugars with fresh ingredients, Nydick and Roscioli pour their vibrant personalities into every glass.
- rocks glass
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces of vodka
- 1/2 ounce Basil Syrup
- Freshly grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Seltzer water
- Garnish: Basil leaves and lemon twist
- Muddle most of the basil leaves with the vodka, Basil Syrup, and lemon zest in a cocktail shaker. Add the ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled rocks glass and top off with seltzer. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves and a lemon twist and serve.
More from Clean Cocktails:
Excerpted from Clean Cocktails, © by Beth Ritter Nydick and Tara Roscioli by The Countryman Press, used with permission from The Countryman Press.