Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook (Robert Rose, 2015), showcases the breadth, ease and versatility of naturally gluten-free grains and flours, such as amaranth, sorghum, teff, chia, buckwheat, millet and more. Discover the bounty of these nutrient-dense ancient grains and learn how to turn them into delicious everyday entrees, side dishes and treats.
You can purchase this book from the MOTHER EARTH NEWS store: Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook
Gluten-Free Quinoa Risotto with Bacon and Peas Recipe
Risotto is a breeze to prepare, and a fast weeknight meal, when made with quinoa in place of rice. Verdant peas and parsley, plus crisp bacon, make it an irresistible choice.
• 3 slices thich-cut bacon, chopped
• 1-1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 2 cups ready-to-use GF vegetable broth
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Drain off all but 1 Tbsp (15 mL) fat.
2. Add quinoa to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add thyme and wine; cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
3. Stir in broth and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes.
4. Stir in peas, half the cheese, parsley and lemon juice; simmer for 1 minute or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with bacon and the remaining cheese.
More from Bob's Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook:
Reprinted with permission from Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook by Camilla V. Saulsbury and published by Robert Rose, 2015. Buy this book from our store: Bob’s Red Mill Everyday Gluten-Free Cookbook.