Instant One-Pot Meals (Countryman Press, 2017) by Laura Arnold has outrageously easy recipes, designed for the 7-in-1 electric pressure cooker, that will make homemade weeknight meals a reality.
Homemade stock can make any recipe that much richer, but stock is a hassle to make using traditional methods and requires hours of work at the stove. A pressure cooker changes all of that. Make large batches of this quick chicken stock in advance and then freeze for easy weeknight meal preparations.
- 1 chicken, broken down into 8 pieces or roasted chicken bones
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of the pressure cooker and cover with water, about 8 to 9 cups. Secure the lid and set on Manual with high pressure for 50 minutes. Allow to naturally release.
- Strain the broth and allow to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
More recipes from Instant One-Pot Meals:
Excerpted from Instant One-Pot Meals, © by Laura Arnold, photography by The Countryman Press, used with permission from The Countryman Press.