During the holiday season, I love crafting simple-to-make, big-on-flavor appetizers for the various gatherings my family attends. It doesn't get any easier than opening a sleeve of saltines, mixing a few herbs into good olive oil, and baking for only a minute. Friends and family won't be able to resist this savory treat!
Preheat oven to Broil.
• 2 sleeves saltine crackers
• 1 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp creole seasoning
• 2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic
• 2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp oregano
*Homegrown or USDA Organic ingredients are recommended to limit exposure to harmful pesticides.
1. Whisk together oil and seasonings until thoroughly blended.
2. Place saltines in a gallon-size Ziplock bag.
3. Pour seasoned oil over crackers, close the bag tightly, and shake until all crackers are well-coated with oil.
4. Allow crackers to rest for thirty minutes so that the crackers absorb the oil.
5. Place half the crackers on a cookie sheet.
6. Heat crackers for 20-30 seconds under the broiler until golden brown.
7. Repeat with the remaining half. Allow to cool or enjoy warm.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE