Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag (Stackpole Books, 2018) by Tammy Gangloff, Steven Gangloff, and September Ferguson gives families handy recipes to whip up quick meals, offers hikers meals to take on their adventures, and survivalists who are looking to dehydrate their meals to store for emergencies. The following excerpt is their recipe for a Sausage-Potato Bake in a bag.
Meals in a bag are for you to use at dinnertime to whip together a beautiful and robust meal in a snap! You will make your family and guests think that you have been slaving in the kitchen for hours making these flavorful dishes. We’ll let that part be our little secret!
Large Bag• 3 cups dehydrated sliced potatoes
• 1⁄2 cup dehydrated sliced plum tomatoes
• 1⁄4 cup dehydrated sliced onions
• 11⁄2 teaspoons salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon dehydrated chopped chives
• 1 teaspoon dehydrated oregano
• 1 tablespoon flour
To store: Place all ingredients into bags. Place small bag into large bag, seal, and label with cooking instructions.
Cooking Ingredients• 1⁄2 pound cooked pork sausage, crumbled and drained
• 5 cups boiling water
• 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour contents of large bag into an 8-by-10-inch greased baking dish. Add boiling water, cover, and let set 15 minutes.
3. Toss cooked sausage into casserole dish, lightly mixing with the veggies.
4. Place ingredients from small bag into blender with milk and blend until smooth.
5. Pour contents of blender over ingredients in baking dish and cover with foil. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove foil and place back into oven for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
More from: Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag• Your Introduction to Meals in a Bag
• Easy Crab Chowder Recipe
• Hearty Italian Minestrone Soup Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Quick and Easy Dehydrated Meals in a Bag (2018), by Tammy Gangloff, Steven Gangloff, and September Ferguson and published by Stackpole books.