Eating Wisely: Calling All Conscientious Eaters
Here at Mother Earth News, we understand that many of you feel strongly about what you choose to eat. These days, there are so many ways to describe diet preference that it's hard to keep track of them all. We want to know what you eat (and don't eat), and why.
- Flexitarianism: A diet that sticks mainly to fruits, vegetables and grains, but sometimes includes meat. The allowance is usually made at restaurants and holiday dinners, or when dining as someone's guest.
- Veganism: Absolutely no consumption of any food or product made from any animal source whatsoever
- Fruitarianism: An all-fruit diet
- Pescetarianism: A vegetarian diet in which fish is allowed but no other meats are consumed
- Pollo-pescetarianism: A vegetarian diet that allows chicken and fish (sometimes referred to as chickifishitarians
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarianism: A vegetarian diet that does not exclude dairy products or eggs