Photo by Queren King-Orozco
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup Grade B maple syrup (adjust sweetness to taste)
- 1-1/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned is fine
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Generously grease a loaf pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring butter to room temperature.
- Cream butter, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Fold in pumpkin puree.
- In separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together; flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold taking care not to over mix.
- Fold in pecans. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes until knife or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before slicing.