Clean Cocktails (The Countryman Press) is the solution to watching your weight while staying off the wagon. Beth and Tara have cracked the code to having it all: fitness and fun. Replacing refined sugars with fresh ingredients, Nydick and Roscioli pour their vibrant personalities into every glass.
- Coupette or martini glass
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 1 small Roma tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- 2 ounces vodka
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 ounce Basil Syrup
- Garnish: Lime wedge
- Muddle the basil leaves, tomato wedges, and watermelon chunks in a cocktail shaker, making sure that the tomato and watermelon pieces release all of their juices. Add the vodka, lime juice, Basil Syrup, and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a coupette or martini glass, garnish with a lime wedge, and serve.
More from Clean Cocktails:
Excerpted from Clean Cocktails, © by Beth Ritter Nydick and Tara Roscioli by The Countryman Press, used with permission from The Countryman Press.