Impress your guests with this quick and easy restaurant style salsa! You won’t believe simple this is to make or how delicious. It’s ready in about 5 minutes! All you will need is a knife and a blender or food processor. It’s bright and fresh with just a little heat. Perfect for dipping.
• 1 jalapeno halved and seeded (use half or less if you don’t like a little heat or add more if you do)
• 7-8 plum type tomatoes washed and halved
• ¼ cup cilantro
• 4 garlic cloves (or to taste)
• Juice from ½ lime
• ½ onion coarsely chopped
• ½ tsp cumin
• ½ tsp kosher salt
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• ¼ tsp sugar
1. Wash tomatoes, pepper and herbs.
2. Slice tomatoes in half, coarsely chop onions.
3. Put everything in blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
4. Pour in a bowl. Let salsa rest for several minutes. If tomatoes are juicy, some water may separate out. Spoon out water, stir and transfer to a serving bowl.
5. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Serve with chips or your favorite Mexican dishes. Muy bueno! Can be stored in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
All MOTHER EARTH NEWS community bloggers have agreed to follow our Blogging Guidelines, and they are responsible for the accuracy of their posts. To learn more about the author of this post, click on their byline link at the top of the page.