Missouri Organic Association Conference


The Missouri Organic Association (MOA), a non-profit all volunteer organization, is gearing up for its 2015 Annual Conference on February 5th, 6th and 7th at the University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, Springfield, Missouri. This educational conference will be the 6th annual regional conference hosted by the Missouri Organic Association with participants gathering primarily from the four-state region. According to Baird, the conference has evolved into a regional conference with approximately 60 percent of attendees from Missouri and the remaining 40 percent of attendees residing in Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma and other states. Participants are comprised of farmers, ranchers, scientists, health officials, and consumers who want to learn more about the foods they produce and eat.


Sue Baird, Executive Director of the MOA welcomes everyone to attend. “This conference is not just for farmers and producers… Anyone concerned about independent food sources, the rising health issues in our children, supporting sustainable family farms, environmental issues and solution-based philosophies of biological and organic growing practices will have something to gain from this conference,” Baird says. The Missouri Organic Association was just named in the 2014 Good Food Org Guide presented by Food Tank and The James Beard Foundation. According to Food Tank, The Good Food Org Guide is a definitive Guide which highlights nonprofit organizations that are doing exemplary work in the United States in the areas of food and agriculture, nutrition and health, hunger and obesity, and food justice.

Baird has been involved with the organization for 15 years and has served as the Executive Director for the past 5 years. Under her leadership, the MOA has been a conduit for educating thousands throughout the region on food related topics, and growing and producing organic, natural and sustainably produced crops. Baird says, “The mission of the MOA will always be to provide local, organic and sustainable family farms with the tools they need to run successful farming businesses; and secondly to educate the general public about why they should support local farmers.”

The MOA Conference will consist of over 54 Hands-on Workshops focused on organic and sustainable production including: Grain production, Livestock production, Vegetable production, High-tunnel small fruits and vegetable production, Sustainable living skills, Culinary and medicinal plants, and a whole lot more! Meet and learn from 70 plus vendors! For anyone wanting to know more about the GMO issues, the GMO Plenary is a must attend full day panel workshop! It includes some of the nation’s leading experts: Dr. Don Huber, “GMO’s and Glysophates Effects on our soil and health” and Robyn O’Brien, “A Call to Action- Our Future, Our Health; Jim Gerriten, “The Effects of GMOs on the family farms”; and Edwin J. Blosser will be discussing the “Spiritual Truths about GMOs”

St. Louis area speakers include Mark Brown of the Gateway Garlic Farm, EarthDance Farm, and yours truly (Crystal Stevens) along with my husband Eric Stevens of La Vista Farm. Mark Brown will be teaching the workshop entitled, “Garlic for Health and Wealth on the Farm”; EarthDance Farm will be discussing “Propagation and Production of PawPaws”; and my husband and I will be co-teaching, “Growing and Using Medicinal Herbs,” along with individually teaching “Vermiculture 101”, “Fermentation 101”, and “DIY Natural Household Cleaners”.

Subscribe Today - Pay Now & Save 64% Off the Cover Price

50 Years of Money-Saving Tips!

Mother Earth NewsAt MOTHER EARTH NEWS for 50 years and counting, we are dedicated to conserving our planet's natural resources while helping you conserve your financial resources. You'll find tips for slashing heating bills, growing fresh, natural produce at home, and more. That's why we want you to save money and trees by subscribing through our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of MOTHER EARTH NEWS for only $12.95 (USA only).

You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.

Canadian Subscribers - Click Here
International Subscribers - Click Here
Canadian subscriptions: 1 year (includes postage & GST).

Facebook Pinterest Instagram YouTube Twitter flipboard

Free Product Information Classifieds Newsletters