This article originally appeared on www.WorldWildlife.org and is posted with permission from World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
Most Extreme Weather Year on Record
The Costliest Year on Record?
Costliest Weather Disaster in 2012 was not Hurricane Sandy
Hottest Year on Record in the U.S.
Unprecedented Tropical Storm Activity
For the comprehensive update on climate conditions in the U.S. through November 2012 see State of the Climate, National Overview, November 2012, released by NOAA today.
1. NOAA. U.S. Climate Extremes Index. State of the Climate National Overview, November 2012.
2. NOAA data for billion dollar disasters. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/billions/
3. Aon Benfield. November 2012 Global Catastrophe Recap ‐ Impact Forecasting (6 December 2012)
4. U.S. Drought May Cut GDP by 1 Percentage Point, Deutsche Says, Bloomberg, 11 November 2012.
5. US Drought Monitor. Drought Condition (Percent Area): United States. 6 December 2012.
6. Masters, Jeff, PhD. Nineteen Atlantic tropical storms 3 consecutive years: a very rare event, WunderBlog, 28 November 2012.
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE
At MOTHER EARTH NEWS, we are dedicated to conserving our planet's natural resources while helping you conserve your financial resources. You'll find tips for slashing heating bills, growing fresh, natural produce at home, and more. That's why we want you to save money and trees by subscribing through our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of MOTHER EARTH NEWS for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.