In listening to the stories of mothers who have chosen home birth, the same sentiments are heard again and again. Here is what they have to say in their own words:
1. There is no better way to birth. ~Anne Stevens
2. I loved laboring in my own sacred space. ~ Mary Moon
3. I would do it again and again. ~Anne Stevens
4. I chose a home birth because I wanted to be comfortable and in control. ~Robin Murphy
5. They (my team) allowed me to be the one in charge and call all the shots. ~Anne Stevens
6. I never even felt scared. ~ Mary Moon
7. I loved that I didn't have to leave and go anywhere. ~ Mary Moon
8. I didn't have insurance but it was so worth it! ~ Mary Moon
9. I liked being able to ask for something that I had in the house. ~Robin Murphy
10. Best part of my two children's births is meeting my babies in a peaceful, comfortable, quiet, environment surrounded by people who loved and cared about us. ~Anne Stevens
If that weren't enough to get you excited about your upcoming home birth, this video is my absolute favorite footage of how calm and beautiful a home birth can be...and its a twin birth! Enjoy.
All MOTHER EARTH NEWS community bloggers have agreed to follow our Blogging Best Practices, and they are responsible for the accuracy of their posts. To learn more about the author of this post, click on the byline link at the top of the page.