A list of herbs containing natural COX-2 inhibitors can be used as natural medicine for pain and cancer treatment.
• Ginkgo (ginkgo leaves are not a food) for apigenin
• Skullcap (not a food) for baicalein
• Hops, barberry, goldenseal, goldthread, Oregon grape, yellowroot (none of these are foods) for berberine
• Boswellia (not a food) for boswellic acid
• Rhubarb, currant , and green tea for catechin
• Green tea, cabbage, and chives for kaempferol
• Clove, rosemary, thyme, sage, lavender, marjoram and ginseng
• Cardamom, ginger and turmeric for curcumin
• Feverfew (not a food)
• Rosemary, sage, and thyme for ursolic acid
One bottle of 200mg-dose Celebrex (60 pills) costs between $150 and $200. A 60-pill bottle of 25mg-dose Vioxx will run you $100 to $125. Sales of both drugs are expected to reach $5 billion annually by 2003.
Whether you want to learn how to grow and raise your own food, build your own root cellar, or create a green dream home, come out and learn everything you need to know — and then some!LEARN MORE
At MOTHER EARTH NEWS, we are dedicated to conserving our planet's natural resources while helping you conserve your financial resources. You'll find tips for slashing heating bills, growing fresh, natural produce at home, and more. That's why we want you to save money and trees by subscribing through our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of MOTHER EARTH NEWS for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.