MOTHER EARTH NEWS INSTITUTE: Urban Homesteading was held on March 18th and 19th in Lawrence, Kansas. We recorded a selection of workshops from the event for those unable to attend in person. Access to all of these videos is available for only $9.99! Scroll down to see the included workshops or press the play button on any of the players to get started!
Video One: Saturday
• Composting & Gardening: Simple, effective composting for the urban garden by Gianaclis Caldwell
• Stop Mowing, Start Growing! by Dan Chiras (starts at 1:44:30)
• Lawrence Urban Ag Policy 101 by the City of Lawrence, KS (starts at 4:04:00)
• Intro to Home Butchery by Meredith Leigh (starts at 5:43:00)
• Urban Poultry from Scratch by Victoria Miller (starts at 7:41:30)
Video Two: Sunday
• Homesteader’s Guide to Renewable Energy & Self-Sufficiency by Dan Chiras
Video Three: Sunday
• Homesteader’s Guide to Renewable Energy & Self-Sufficiency by Dan Chiras (continued)
• Getting Started with Honey Bees, Sweet! by Becky & Steve Tipton (starts at 1:09:05)
• Dawn Combs Facebook Live! (starts at 2:39:35)
• The Urban Home Creamery: Keeping it simple, fun & fruitful by Gianaclis Caldwell (starts at 3:24:10)
• Homestead Health Hacks by Dawn Combs (starts at 5:13:45)
• Craft Distilling: Making Liquor Legally at Home (starts at 7:09:45)
At MOTHER EARTH NEWS, we are dedicated to conserving our planet's natural resources while helping you conserve your financial resources. You'll find tips for slashing heating bills, growing fresh, natural produce at home, and more. That's why we want you to save money and trees by subscribing through our earth-friendly automatic renewal savings plan. By paying with a credit card, you save an additional $5 and get 6 issues of MOTHER EARTH NEWS for only $12.95 (USA only).
You may also use the Bill Me option and pay $17.95 for 6 issues.