“Many of our customers live in rural areas, where there is a lot of brush and flammable material,” said Mahindra USA’s Marketing Communications Manager, Martin Cisneros. “No one needs a devastating fire, particularly when they’re dealing with the loss of production that this terrible drought has brought.”
Mahindra urges residents to follow these simple fire safety tips from the Texas Forest Service:
· Create a defensible space of at least 30 feet around your house and outbuildings; closely mow lawns, and trees should be pruned and spaced widely apart.
· Establish fuel breaks along roadways and between buildings and fields or woodlands.
· Keep mufflers and spark arresters on agricultural equipment in proper working order and watch out for rocks and metal when bush hogging or mowing
· Monitor hay-baling operations closely, dry hay can ignite within the baler
· Watch out for sparks when using welding equipment to build fences or repair equipment
· Avoid driving or parking vehicles in grassy areas where tall, dry grass comes into contact with hot pollution control equipment under vehicles
· Postpone outdoor burning until your area greens up, check with local fire department to determine if ban on outdoor burning has been lifted
· When debris burning is allowed, establish wide control lines down to bare mineral soil prior to lighting your fire. Burn trash in a burn barrel or other fire-safe receptacle covered with a wire mesh or grid that will help contain burning debris. Stay with your fire until it is out.
Known for building workhorses, Mahindra USA has a rich history of working with the community and Mahindra dealers across the country work hand-in-hand with local leaders in many philanthropic endeavors. Offering more than 30 two-and four-wheel drive tractors in the 18-83 horsepower range, Mahindra tractors are perfect for homeowners, hobby farmers, turf managers, nursery operators and small to medium-sized contractors. Additionally, Mahindra now offers their “Best in Class” 5-year limited warranty program. All Mahindra tractors have a two-year bumper-to-bumper warranty plus an additional three-year warranty on the drive train for residential usage (excludes 2525).
Mahindra USA, Inc. enjoys an extraordinarily high level of customer satisfaction due to an unequalled commitment to quality. A recent study found that 98% of Mahindra owners were likely to recommend Mahindra to their friends and family.
Tractor owners are not the only people touting the quality of Mahindra products. In 2007, M&M’s Farm Equipment Sector became the only tractor manufacturing company in the world to receive the coveted Japan Quality Medal for excellence in Total Quality Management, awarded by the Deming Prize Committee care of the Union of Japanese Scientists.
About Mahindra USA
Mahindra USA (MUSA) is part of the US $ 7.1 billion Mahindra Group’s Automotive and Farm Sector - the #1 selling tractor company in the world, based on volumes. In its quality journey, Mahindra’s Farm Sector has won the Deming Application Prize in 2003, followed by the Japan Quality Medal in 2007. It is the 20th Company in the world, the 2nd company in India, and the only tractor manufacturer in the world to achieve this distinction.
Houston, Texas based Mahindra USA (MUSA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and began selling tractors in the USA in 1994. MUSA has since grown rapidly due to high customer satisfaction levels and strong customer referrals. Mahindra USA has three distribution points in the USA to help meet the needs of its customers and the growing demand for its products.
Mahindra’s professional-grade tractors are built with heavy-duty components that allow them to outperform other tractors in their class and are designed to provide consumers with the ability to push more, pull more and lift more, so they can do more, in less time. To learn more about Mahindra USA’s Farm Equipment Sector, please visit www.mahindrausa.com.
About The Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, and vacation ownership. Mahindra has a presence in the automotive industry, agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defense, energy, finance and insurance, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, and two wheelers. A US $7.1 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 112,000 people in over 79 countries. In 2010, Mahindra was named among the Forbes Asian Fab 50 and the Credit Suisse Great Brands of Tomorrow. Its flagship company Mahindra & Mahindra Limited has recently earned the distinction of being the only Indian automobile manufacturer to feature in the top 10 list of the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index in India, - 2010, created by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP). For more information, visit www.mahindra.com
This press release is presented without editing for your information. MOTHER EARTH NEWS does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.