Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
With helpful advice, do-it-yourself projects, step-by-step recipes and beneficial breed guides, GRIT Guide to Sheep and Goats is an invaluable resource filled with expertly written articles for anyone who owns their own flock or herd (or wants to, one day!). Filled with more than 75 keys to keeping your animals healthy, this guide also includes information on raising sheep and goats, finding the right milk goat, how to build a milking stanchion, how to shear sheep, building proper shelters, and more.
Not only will you learn the ins and outs of raising sheep and goats, you'll also find a wide range of fantastic information on guard animals, electric fencing, how to spin natural fibers collected from your animal's wool, and how to make delicious homemade goat cheese.
Other articles include:
- GRIT's Guide to Sheep Breeds: Whether you're looking for wool, meat, milk or some combination of them, you'll find a desirable breed here.
- Colostrum Keeps Baby Animals Healthy: A mother's first milk during the initial 24 hours of life is the key to healthy livestock.
- Cooking With Lamb: Grassfed meat is a cut above the alternative.
- GRIT's Guide to Goat Breeds: We'll help you get your goat, whether it's for meat, milk or mohair.
- Rotating Pastures: The ABCs of managed grazing.
- Hoof Trimming Basics: Don't sweat it … It's not hard at all!
- Sheep Stories - One Family's Mischievous Flock: Ewes and lambs prance down the road as a farmer and his wife debate their next move in the ongoing struggle to keep the sheep at home.