See Larger Image
HERBS: THE COMPLETE GARDENER'S GUIDE
Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
When first published, Herbs was extremely well received and set a new standard of excellence for gardening books. Turid Forsyth's photographs and watercolor illustrations capture all the beauty and detail of these fascinating and practical plants, and Patrick Lima's highly entertaining text is chock-full of clear information, helpful advice and wry anecdotes.
The book covers:
Selecting and growing herbs
- Perennial kitchen herbs, such as horseradish, oregano, bay leaf and rosemary
- Annual and biennial kitchen herbs, such as basil, chili peppers and parsley
- Varieties of thyme
- Varieties of sage
- Seeds and sprouts, including anise, caraway, coriander and cumin
- Alliums, including chives, leeks, onions, garlic and shallots
- Leafy herbs, such as arugula and watercress
- Herbs for blending and brewing, such as mint, chamomile and bergamot
- Fragrant herbs, such as old roses and lavender
- Gathering wild herbs
Special sections outline how to use herbs to add color to flowerbeds and how to propagate, preserve and grow herbs indoors. The book concludes with 16 delicious recipes that make the most of fresh herbs.
This beautiful book combines the wisdom of two longtime gardeners, creating a comprehensive reference that any gardener will enjoy and use regularly.