Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
CLEARANCE ITEM. PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE WAS $24.95 AVAILABLE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
"When your garden contains lots of earthworms, your soil is good." This maxim may not sound familiar, but before the days of landscapers and lawn-maintenance companies, this type of knowledge was common. Gardening skills were passed down from generation to generation, and yards were personal places that flourished under the care of time-tested wisdom. Today the pace of life is faster, and modern advances make gardening tasks easier, but we can all benefit from the techniques and common-sense advice of the past to have beautiful, fruitful gardens now.
With Back to Basics: Traditional Garden Wisdom, anyone can:
Back to Basics: Traditional Garden Wisdom
- Develop a dream, green garden without spending a fortune
- Grow an organic and eco-friendly garden with minimum fuss and maximum taste
- Discover how to collect and save seeds
- Make your own compost and learn "no-dig" gardening
- Make a cold frame and protect plants from frost
- Repel moles with castor oil, prevent mice with the right plants, and make herbal insect repellents
- Find out the best way to prune a hedge, tree, or climbing flower
- Know which gardening tasks to do for each season
- Raise a panel fence and use recycled materials for landscaping
- Plant raised beds and container gardens, and build a natural grape arbor
- Discover how companion planting can discourage harmful pests and encourage growth
has full-color step-by-step illustrated instructions that will bring new knowledge to gardeners of all levels. Soon you'll be adding fireplace ashes to the garden to give it a potassium boost and using your elbow to see if the soil is warm enough for planting. With this insightful book, you'll discover why sage advice never goes out of style.