Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours unless otherwise noted in the product description.
CLEARANCE ITEM. PREVIOUS RETAIL PRICE WAS $24.95 AVAILABLE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Award-winning designer and author Lori Dennis proves interior design can be both stylish and environmentally sustainable in this easy-to-use, entertaining guide. Dennis discusses every aspect of interior design —furniture and accessories, window treatments, fabrics, surface materials, appliances, plants, and more — from a green perspective in terms of reducing waste and pollution and turning a home into a healthy, comfortable environment. Readers will learn how to:
- use sustainable materials like bamboo, cork, and recycled glass to enhance interiors
- search thrift shops and antique stores for vintage hidden treasures
- find the best vendors for purchasing green products
- use plants and locally cut flowers to improve indoor air quality and brighten up rooms
- replace lawns with indigenous plants and edible gardens
- keep rooms clean with effective and nontoxic products
- use energy efficient lighting and maximize natural light
- apply for different types of green certification
Packed with more than 100 color photographs, lists of the best green vendors, and profiles of leading green designers, this book is a thorough guide for anyone who wants to create beautiful interiors while lessening the waste and pollution generated by the building industry.