Natural Home editor-in-chief Robyn Griggs Lawrence explains paper giant Kimberly-Clark's new sustainability policy.
Find out what’s in your paper products with Greenpeace’s Recycled Tissue and Toilet Paper Guide.
JWTIntelligence predicts big green changes in the coming year (including tube-free toilet paper).
Here's the scoop on composting toilets, including the environmental benefits, how much they cost and how well they work.
Invite the birds into your yard with this simple bird feeder made from a toilet paper roll.
Papercrete – concrete made with paper – recycles household trash into a durable material that's perfect for heavy-duty DIY projects.
Use everyday recyclable materials to create personalized DIY stationery.
What do you think of composting toilets and would you consider installing one?
If you have a lot of excess scrap paper like I do, it’s time to put that waste to better use. Read this do-it-yourself article about how to make your own homemade, recycled paper, and then get to work turning trash into treasure.
Simran Sethi discusses how to green your bathroom in easy ways: through your choice of toilet paper, shower curtain, and towels.
Learn how to make a handmade envelope using upcycled paper and vintage maps with these step-by-step instructions.
How to safely dispose of or make use of human waste is becoming a hot topic.
The Niagara Conservation Corporation has developed a new pressure-assisted toilet, the Stealth, which uses even less water than your standard pressure-assisted toilet.
See this unique new product - a toilet lid/sink combination.
Step Forward Paper is a new type of paper made most from wheat straw (80 percent to be exact) with the remaining 20 percent made of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood fiber.
Of our daily water use, 75 percent is consumed in the bathroom. Changing our habits can cut back on our use. Natural Home editor-in-chief Robyn Griggs Lawrence advises on how to save water and energy in the bathroom.
Hundreds of gallons of water can slip down the pipes if you own a leaky toilet. You can save water by checking for toilet leaks using simple tricks or by replacing your old model with a water saving-toilet.
Use scraps and other 'trash' to wrap gifts—and forego the wasteful virgin paper.
Although paper is a wood product, it's not always the best answer for mulch or compost.
Eco-Libris offers people the opportunity to off-set the books they read by planting trees in developing countries.
The Sun Mar composting toilet uses a first of its kind technology to deliver a pollution free and sanitary product.
We have slowly replaced out dated fixtures and the Rialto toilet was the final step in getting more environmentally compliant.
Cam considers the environmental implications of using paper diapers vs. cloth diapers.
Minimize your post-Christmas impact. Earth911 offers great tips for keeping your Christmas tree out of the landfill.
From a home built into a cliff to a home built out from laundry soap boxes, these homes prove how fun and satisfying it is to push the conventional edge. It's your house. Create whatever you want.
Wrap drinking glasses in handmade paper for pretty, easy-to-make vases and votive holders.
Replacing paper towels with rags is a super simple step toward sustainable living. Follow these simple tips to get disposable paper towels out of your house. You'll never miss them.
Get a glimpse of some of the unique exhibitors at the MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR.
talking about building a composting toilet and how well the Seed Swap went on Saturday. Hauling capacity of a golf cart compared to an ATV generated some useful and helpful comments regarding electricity vs internal combustion engines. No till works!
Simran Sethi describes the choices she made for her eco-friendly kitchen remodel.
An unpublished British study says that plastic bags are a greener option than paper or cloth--but only if you don't make the most of your reusable bags.
What can you do with all those useless newspapers, paper bags and Yellow Pages books? Tear them into scraps and use them to decoupage walls and other surfaces. It's easy, cheap--and surprisingly elegant.
Saving butternut squash seeds while using a sledge hammer and putting up a roof and planning a seed swap. Also planning a high density apple orchard with a new variety called Zestar.
Simplify the Christmas season with these 12 tips for gifts, gift wrapping and decor—as well as steps you can take to make your celebration light on the planet.
These money- and waste-saving alternatives to paper and plastic products eliminate the temptation to resort to disposable for your summertime outdoor dining needs.
Simran Sethi explains her bathroom-remodel goals to conserve water.