Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your pancake batter onto the hot griddle and you'll get perfectly shaped pancakes every time. Here are some more useful kitchen tips:
• Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies Treats in the pan and the marshmallow won't stick to your hands.
• To get the most out of fresh lemons, bring them to room temperature and roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.
• To easily remove burned food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of. dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
• Spray your plastic storage containers with nonstick cooking spray before storing tomato-based sauces to prevent stains.
• Place a slice of apple in hardened brown sugar to soften it.
• When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to bring out the corn's natural sweetness.
• If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing gloves. They give a no-slip grip.