Looking for an easy and delicious breakfast dish? Try this baked corn mush recipe. Prepare it the night before for a quick meal the next morning!
Served with butter, milk and honey, Floriani corn mush will satisfy that morning sweet craving, as well as fill you up.
PHOTO: KAREN KEB
This is a great one-dish breakfast item. Prepare it the night before, and it will be ready to go into the oven in the morning. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
3 3/4 cups water, divided
1 cup fine Floriani cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 cup ground pork, browned
1. Boil 2 3/4 cups of the water in a medium saucepan.
2. Combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of water.
3. When the water is boiling, add the cornmeal mixture to the pan, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
4. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Brown the ground pork. Drain and thoroughly pat dry.
6. When the cornmeal has cooked through, remove from heat and stir in the browned pork. Pour mixture into a loaf pan. Let cool for one hour, then place in the refrigerator overnight, or for several hours.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. With a dull knife (so as not to damage the pan), slice the mush 1 inch thick. Carefully transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes 1 loaf.
With more than 150 workshops, there is no shortage of informative demonstrations and lectures to educate and entertain you over the weekend.LEARN MORE