During the holiday season, I love crafting simple-to-make, big-on-flavor appetizers for the various gatherings my family attends. It doesn't get any easier than opening a sleeve of saltines, mixing a few herbs into good olive oil, and baking for only a minute. Friends and family won't be able to resist this savory treat!
Preheat oven to Broil.
• 2 sleeves saltine crackers
• 1 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp creole seasoning
• 2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic
• 2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp oregano
*Homegrown or USDA Organic ingredients are recommended to limit exposure to harmful pesticides.
1. Whisk together oil and seasonings until thoroughly blended.
2. Place saltines in a gallon-size Ziplock bag.
3. Pour seasoned oil over crackers, close the bag tightly, and shake until all crackers are well-coated with oil.
4. Allow crackers to rest for thirty minutes so that the crackers absorb the oil.
5. Place half the crackers on a cookie sheet.
6. Heat crackers for 20-30 seconds under the broiler until golden brown.
7. Repeat with the remaining half. Allow to cool or enjoy warm.
Discover a dazzling array of workshops and lectures designed to get you further down the path to independence and self-reliance.LEARN MORE