Green products, services and other announcements from green companies.
Back-to-school season marks the start of the most delicious extracurricular activity: bake sales. Cookies and brownies are two of the most popular bake sale items, and this year, they’ll taste even better with a flavor twist. The McCormick Kitchens have developed easy cookie and brownie recipes — including one that combines the two – to make sure your treats are the talk of the table.
“Our new Choco-Mint Crownie recipe combines a vanilla-rich chocolate chip cookie with a cool peppermint brownie,” said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. “They’re easy to make — just add a splash of peppermint extract to your brownie batter, pour into a pan, spoon chocolate chip cookie dough flavored with pure vanilla on top and bake.”
Other easy recipes from the McCormick Kitchens take brownies and chocolate chip cookies from bake sale favorites to bake sale stars. It’s as simple as adding extracts to brownie mix or folding in tasty ingredients like cinnamon and cocoa to your favorite made-from-scratch cookie recipe.
Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookies
Try adding these easy variations to made-from-scratch cookies:
• Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies — Draw a crowd with the warm, inviting essence of cinnamon.
• Double Chocolate Chunk Mint Cookies — Combine cool peppermint with rich cocoa and semi-sweet chocolate for a delicious grab-and-go treat.
• Double Chocolate Chunk Orange Cookies — Make a sweet treat with dark chocolate, chunks of rich semi-sweet chocolate and citrusy orange flavor.
Brownies with a Flavor Twist
Turn ordinary brownies into crowd pleasers by customizing them with easy flavor twists:
• Raspberry Brownies — Add 4 teaspoons Raspberry Extract to brownie mix and 2 teaspoons to chocolate frosting for a fruity alternative to this bake sale staple. Garnish with a raspberry.
• Orange Kissed Brownies — For citrus-infused delights, add 1 tablespoon Orange Extract and chocolate chips to brownie mix and 1 teaspoon of the extract to chocolate frosting. Top with an orange slice.
• Almond Brownies — For a nutty flavor, use 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract in the brownie mix and 1/4 teaspoon in the chocolate frosting. Add colorful sprinkles on top.
For more delicious bake sale ideas, visit McCormick.com, the “Bake Sale” board at Pinterest.com/McCormickSpices or Facebook.com/McCormickSpice. Look for McCormick Food Colors, Extracts and Spices in the spice aisle of supermarkets and mass merchandisers nationwide.
This press release is presented without editing for your information. MOTHER EARTH NEWS does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.