Savor the flavors of everyday real food, fresh from the garden or stored on your pantry shelves.
10/31/2008 3:57:29 PM
By Tabitha Alterman
craft beer, hooch, pumpkin, local drinks, Halloween, local drinks, taste tests, food review, NYC Real Food
Happy All Hallow's Eve, folks. Tis the season to celebrate pumpkin beer, and here are some ideas to get your mouth a-waterin'.
From the crew over at Beer America TV:
Pumpkin love continues, but this time with a twist, it's not an ale but a lager, the only one of its kind in the world! Lakefront Brewing gets a look and a taste with their Lakefront Pumpkin Lager. We also drop some knowledge about one of America's Founding Fathers.
* Some intrepid brewers make their pumpkin beer ... imagine this! ... INSIDE A PUMPKIN. Check out this slideshow: Brewing in a Pumpkin.
* Read about that "experiment" in more detail in Pumpkin to Tunkin: Last Call
* One of those intrepid brewers is a contributing writer for Mother Earth News. Read his latest article: Brew Your Own Beer
Also of seasonal interest:
* Make Your Own Hard Cider
* Those Beer America guys also took a look at Sam Adams Octoberfest.
Now, I drink pumpkin beer! Here are the brews from my neck of the woods that I'm planning to try this weekend:
* Brooklyn Brewery Post Road Pumpkin Ale (New York)
* Greenpoint Beer Works/Heartland Brewery Smiling Pumpkin Ale (New York)
* Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale (New Hampshire)
But what about you???
Yes, you should try some pumpkin brew too. Drop a note about your favorites in the comments section below.
Ready ... Set ... Go!
Cooking for Engineers
Crumbs on My Keyboard
The Crunchy Chicken
The Jew & The Carrot
Kitchen Gardeners International
National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
The Slow Cook
Slow Food USA
Pay Now & Save 67% Off the Cover Price
Copyright 2016, All Rights Reserved | Ogden Publications, Inc., 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, Kansas 66609-1265
Special Interest Websites :
Community Chickens •
Good Things to Eat •
Utne AltWire •
Keeping Backyard Bees